Saturday, October 15, 2011

Shakespeare Ugly Stik Custom Rods - Best Rod Ever


I can remember back in the early to mid 70's when my good buddy Paul said to me "Look what I got." I said, "What the heck is that thing?" "It is an Ugly Stik by Shakespeare" he said. We probably were 14 or 15 years old at that time around 1974 or 1975. We would load up the old Jon boat in the back of my 64' Ford pick-up and head on down to our favorite canal. Please understand that we lived in the Florida Glades down here in boon-dock country near Clewiston, Fl. and a driver's license was not essential back in those days.
Enough said on that. So then we would slide our little 12' Jon in the water, strap on the Hiawatha 5 H.P. motor and after some difficulty starting the thing we would go to where the fish were. Thanks to our fathers we were well "lernt" on this thing called fishing and of course Paul whips out the "Ugly". I remember even back then it had an odd looking final tip on the end of the rod and Paul says "watch this" as he doubles the rod end over and says "it won't break." Amazing! My old South Bend fiberglass rods could not do that!
Long story short, we caught fish and when he let me try this new ugly thing out the first thing I noticed was the sensitivity. Even the slightest nibble or strike was felt immediately. Many times since then these Ugly Stik Rods have never ceased to impress me. More on that in a minute. That was the old days now this is the new days. I'm older now and fish the central lake region of my fair state of Florida where the weeds are heavy and the Bass don't go to school because they don't like recess! If you hook up on a hawg, go ahead and try and bust him out of the hydrilla or pepper grass, cattails, torpedo grass, spatterdock, stumps or a million other things he's headed for and good luck if your tackle can handle it!
A standard Ugly is okay, but when push comes to shove you need a professional piece of gear. Enter the world of true power with an Ugly Stik Custom. The performance and quality of a standard rod with enhanced characteristics only found in a custom Ugly Stik. You will be amazed at the difference between store bought and customized. I have caught fish that could not be caught with these. My friends were impressed and after they regained their composure, I explained what and why I was able to do the impossible. Bass is one thing, but truly impossible are Snook in the Red Mangroves down here on the Indian River. These bruisers are scarey. Every time I hook up, I feel the adrenaline pumping as I try to wrestle this thing away from the Mangrove roots. It is not easy. Anyway, pour the power on with confidence, talk to the good folks at Ugly Stik Custom, they"ll hook you up!
Aaron Stevenson is an avid fisherman who maintains a website about Shakespeare Ugly Stik fishing rods. You can find out more about Ugly Stik Custom rods the



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6591510

No comments: