Using the best bait for catfishing is the most important factor in helping you catch catfish. The best bait can give you the best outcomes and results in terms of fishing. Smell and taste usually attracts catfish, so both are important to consider when choosing bait. Some anglers recommend using bright-colored bait, even though catfish do not have great eyesight. Some popular catfish baits include chicken livers, shrimps, crawfish and night crawlers. Making your own bait at home is a great way to make the best bait for catfishing affordably.
You can make some of the best baits for catfish at home using simple techniques:
• You can make custom dip or soaked sour grain to attract catfish to your position by using it in the baiting area.
• The catfish's great sense of smell leads them to bait dipped in dead earthworms.
• Dough balls are one do-it-yourself kind of bait that works consistently.
- You can make them at home:
- Dough balls are considered to be the best bait for catfishing as they are made easily.
- These balls stay on the hook so you don't have to fear losing your bait.
- You can make dough balls at home using flour, bread, corn meal or cereal. Crush any one of these and add a liquid to dry the ingredients which will work as a binder for the mixture.
- Water, tuna syrup can be used for the binding purpose. Red dye or red colored soda can help in adding color to your homemade bait for catfish.
- Add smell and flavor to the bait by adding cheese or corn and form small balls.
- You can also purchase dough balls at the store:
- They are inexpensive.
- If you have bought the premade dough from the market, make smaller dough balls and soak them in fresh smelly juice by placing them in sealable plastic bags.
• Stinky cheese, liver, sour corn and fermented cornmeal and also be mixed together to offer a different choice of best bait for catfishing.
- Remember that these kind of homemade baits won't always help you catch a large catfish, but they can help.
- Live bait will always give you the best results in terms of best baits for catfishing.
• Night crawlers are a traditional favorite and are used by many anglers to help catch plenty of catfish consistently.
Other homemade bait choices
Chicken or beef livers also make great bait for catfish. Larger sized bait should be used for catching larger sized catfish. Livers soaked in liquid of garlic or tuna can also work well-just let them dry in the sun instead of placing them in cool place. Cheese is also a good bait choice for catfishing, especially orange cheese like cheddar.
You can catch more of these fish by using homemade choices. Any of the options listed, and many other options-remembering the ideas above-will help you have more fun, and catch more catfish. Just consider using homemade and making your own best bait for catfishing.
Jeremy Jefferson is a catfishing expert. For information on best bait for catfishing, visit http://www.catfishinggenius.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeremy_Jefferson