Baitcasting reels, once exclusively reserved for the professional fisherman, are becoming increasingly popular among everyday anglers. Unlike their spincasting counterparts, baitcasting reels offer their users longer casts and ultimate precision. Bass fishermen generally prefer baitcasters above all other reel options.
Since the manufacture of its first reel in 1955, Diawa has become one of the most popular and trusted brands in the fishing industry. Subsequently, it is no surprise that Diawa produces some of the best baitcasting reels on the market.
The top 5 (five) Diawa baitcasting reels are listed below:
1. The Daiwa Steez 7.1 Ultra-Light Speed
Priced at around $500, the Steez 7.1 Ultra-Light Speed leads the way. This cutting edge device is equipped with the top reel technology available. Feather light, at only 5.6 ounces, it won't weigh down your rod or your arm. It is the lightest reel in its class. Fatigue is lessened, and reel speed is increased.
Inside the Steez 7.1 Ultra-High Speed, Diawa integrated the quality of the TD-Z reel rotor with a newly mechanized spool at the core. The result is a more balanced and consistent line tension with an ultra fast gear ratio.
Additional features include:
• Magnesium body and side construction
• Improved handle for greater stability and strong coiling leverage
• Rugged aluminum drive gear
• Quick-starting spool with greater duration spins
• High-speed spool shifts
• Magnetized spool constraint
• Automatic spool adjustments
• Unlimited Anti-Reverse
2. Team Daiwa Luna
The Team Daiwa Luna is Daiwa's best conventionally designed baitcaster. Weighty, with simple upkeep, this model is a great choice for snagging heavy trophy fish. With its automated cast system, corrosion resistant housing, and traditional feel, this one is sure to be a favorite.
The Luna sells for approximately $250, and boasts the follow specs:
• Aluminum body and sideplates
• Floating Spool for the best casting
• Mechanized magnetic anti-recoil control
• Ultra-fluid drag
• Unlimited Anti-Backlash
• Titanium line guide
3. Team Daiwa Zillion Baitcasting Reel
Retailing for just under $270, this quality workhorse is speedy and powerful. Effective and no-nonsense, the Zillion can retract over 31 inches of line with each rotation.
This model offers speed, simplicity, and impressive performance in one compact, effective package.
The Zillion's features are highlighted below:
• High-yield gear ratio
• Corrosion-free bearings
• Brushed crank for greater stability
• Automated anti-recoil system
• Aluminum housing and sideframe
• Supple grips
4. Diawa T3 Baitcasting Reel
Displaying Daiwa's latest technological advancements, the $430 T3 is made to shine. The Daiwa T3 contains an innovative coiling mechanism, newly developed by Daiwa. This T-Wing System makes the 6.5 ounce T3 quite unlike any other Daiwa reel. With improved casting and handling, this one is a keeper.
The T3 Baitcasting reel features:
1. Magforce 3D cast control system
2. Succinct body
3. Improved drag performance
4. Two gear ratio options
5. 8 (eight) bearings
6. Brushed aluminum handles with soft grips
7. Low-weight spool
8. Efficient free-floating spool
5. Diawa Megaforce® THS With Twitchin' Bar®
The Megaforce contains a groundbreaking Twitchin' Bar that allows the fisherman to retract of retract up to seven inches of line or twitch a jig with the touch of a thumb. At under $100, the megaforce will fit even the tightest budget.
The Megaforce® with Twitchin' Bar Features:
• Twichin' Bar
• Light, drilled aluminum spool
• Six bearings
• Super quick gear ratio
• durable drive train
• Magforce® magnetized anti-recoil
• Soft grips
Any of these five Daiwa baitcasters would make a welcome addition to your tacklebox.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Terry_Newton